Our collection of spice mixes provide the right seasonings for soups, stamppots/mashes potato dishes, goulashes, meats and casseroles:
Silvo Spices come in approximately 40 gm single use envelopes
- Gehakt kruiden – spices and breadcrumbs for seasoning 1 pound of hamburger. Also available with tuinkruiden/garden herbs; uitjes/onions; paprika or with stroganoff seasoning.
- Sauercraut – for sourcraut and potatoes
- Boerenkool – for potato and kale stamppot
- Hutspot – for carrots, onions and potato stamppot
Verstegen spices – come in a multi-use shaker format and most do not contain MSG. Most contain salt but as indicated some are available without.
- Gehakt spices for hamburger: use 1-2 tsp + 1 crushed rusk for 1 lb of hamburger. For meatball soup, roll in 1 inch balls and drop in boiling water seasoned with a Honig herb sachet. For entree use roll into 2-3 inch balls, saute and serve with potatoes. (Available without salt)
- Kip/Chicken – mix 1 tsp spices with 1/4 cup flour & coat chicken before frying. For baked chicken dust as above, brush with oil and bake 30-40 minutes @ 425 degees F. Available without salt.
- Karbonade/Pork Chops – spices and bread crumbs ready for “shake and bake”
- Speklapjes/pork seasonings – gives pork cutlets an old-fashioned taste
- Rundvlees or Vlees – for beef. Available without salt
- Marinade spices – a multipurpose seasoning mix
- …..To marinade pork or chicken: mix 1 tsp spice with 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp ketjap manis/Indonesian soya sauce, 1/2 cup oil. For beef substitute red wine vinegar for lemon juice.
- …..Spicy meatballs: mix 1-2 tsp spice mix, 1 crushed rusk with ground beef and/or pork. Roll into 1 inch balls and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees F
- …..Chinese meatballs: glaze spicy meatballs with the following sauce: 2 Tbsp Conimex Ketjap Manis/soya sauce, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp cornstarch in 1 cup pineapple juice/water. Bring to boil and add water if too thick. Mix with meatballs, pineapple, stir fried green pepper and onion strips
- Shoarma/Lamb seasonings – Fill Pita bread with seasoned lamb and veggies for a quick healthy meal. (contains MSG)
- Cajun – a spicy meat especially good for down south cooking. Great sprinkled on home made french fries for fry truck taste at home.
- Ei – Egg spices to sprinkle on an omlet or on scrambled eggs
- Vis – Fish seasonings
- Kapucijners – seasonings for traditional marrowfat bean dinner
- Hachee – seasonings for potato hash dinner
- Macaroni & Spaghetti – Italian sauce seasonings
- Spaghetti/Bolognese – Another Italian sauce seasoning available on order
- Groente Saus – a gently seasoned herb sauce for vegetables
- Allesbinder – sauce and gravy thickener that can be added to hot stock
Hungarian spices and seasonings
- Gulyaskrem csemege or csipos -goulash creme (sweet or hot)
- Paprika paste (hot or sweet)
- Edes Anna -crushed paprika mild
- Eros Pista -crushed paprika (very hot)
- ground paprika hot and sweet
- black pepper
- Gulyasleves kocka -goulash soup seasoning
- fish soup seasoning
Dipping Olive Oils & Vinegars
- Monari Federzoni of Modena Balsamic vinegar read more
- Maille Apple Cider Vinegar
- Maille Wine Vinegar with Tarragon flavour
- Kuhne Salata seasoned vinegar dressing
- International Collection Oils read more Cottage Omelet Recipe click here